Knowing yourself is probably one of the most understated requirements to succeed in life. This inventory is used to determine one’s personality type. Sometimes, you may find yourself drawn equally to opposing choices in reviewing the comparisons in the inventory. In that case you try to think back to how you reacted when you were young.
This is based on the fact that the core of our cognitive organization is nicely-organized at the age of 3. This inventory containing four questions contains two parts with first part containing general description of the preference choices and the second part containing list of paired statements. Using these parts you can decide your more crucial preference.
Q1. Which is your most natural energy orientation?
Extraverted Characteristics include
- Act first, think/reflect later
- Feel deprived when cutoff from interaction with the outside world
- Usually open to and motivated by outside world of people and things
- Enjoy wide variety and change in people relationships
Introverted Characteristics include
- Think/reflect first, and then act
- Regularly require an amount of “private time” to recharge batteries
- Motivated internally, mind is sometimes so active it is “closed” to outside world
- Prefer one-to-one communication and relationships
Q2. Which way of Perceiving or understanding is most “automatic” or natural?
The Sensing side of the brain concentrates mainly on the PRESENT. While the Intuitive side of our brain seeks to see on all possibilities and predicting the FUTURE.
- Memory recall is rich in detail of facts and past events
- Mentally live in the Now, attending to present opportunities
- Like clear and concrete information; dislike guessing when facts are “fuzzy”
- Best improvise from past experience
- Using common sense and creating practical solutions is automatic-instinctual
- Comfortable with ambiguous, fuzzy data and with guessing its meaning.
- Mentally live in the Future, attending to future possibilities
- Memory recall emphasizes patterns, contexts, and connections
- Best improvise from theoretical understanding
- Using imagination and creating/inventing new possibilities is automatic-instinctual
Q3. Which way of forming Judgments and making choices is most natural?
Thinking, the logical nature of our brain manipulates information in a DETACHED manner. The Feeling, the subjective nature of our brain draws conclusions in an ATTACHED fashion. While everyone uses both means to draw conclusions, each one has a natural bias towards one over the other.
- Accept conflict as a natural, normal part of relationships with people.
- Instinctively search for facts and logic in a decision situation.
- Provide objective and critical analysis easily.
- Naturally notices tasks and work to be accomplished.
- Instinctively employ personal feelings and impact on people in decision situations
- Naturally sensitive to people needs and reactions.
- Naturally seek consensus and popular opinions.
- Unsettled by conflict; have almost a toxic reaction to disharmony.
Q4. What is your “action orientation” towards the outside world?
Everybody follows two approaches in common; judging (thinking and feeling) and perceiving (sensing and intuition). A Judging style depends on the outside world WITH A PLAN and is focused on making decisions and reaching closure and completion. A Perceiving style approaches the outside world AS IT COMES and is adopting and adapting, flexible, open to new scopes.
- Plan many of the details in advance before moving into action.
- Work best and avoid stress when able to keep ahead of deadlines.
- Naturally use targets, dates and standard routines to manage life.
- Focus on task-related action; complete meaningful segments before moving on.
- Comfortable moving into action without a plan; plan on-the-go.
- Like to multitask, have variety, mix work and play.
- Naturally tolerant of time pressure; work best close to the deadlines.
- Instinctively avoid commitments which interfere with flexibility, freedom and variety