The problem of pimples can be minor or it can blow out of proportion also if the outbreak starts affecting your neck, back and the face. At these times, you are left wondering as to what would get it under control as you would be wary about trying anything on your own for fear that it might aggravate the problem instead of solving it. It is natural for you to seek some simple remedies at this point in time that will help you overcome this problem.
You can therefore look at the following tips that would help you to some extent in dealing with this irritating and frustrating condition:
- Find out the nature and type of skin combination that you are possessing. Once you do that, you would be able to purchase even OTC or over the counter popular medications that are available and made to suit different skin combination types like oily, dry, semi oily and so on. These medicines will help you counter the problem of pimples to a great extent.
- Ensure you buy the appropriate face wash. Preferably, use cleansers that have benzoyl peroxide so that you get a thorough but gentle cleansing action.
- Do not keep touching your face through the day as the grime as well as dirt already present in your fingers would only serve to make the condition worse since pimples thrive in conditions of dust and grime. You would then find it difficult to control the outbreak.
- Ensure that your hair does not keep falling on your face. The oils present in the hair will only add to the problem and provide conducive conditions for pimples to erupt. It is therefore recommended to wear the hair as a ponytail and also have bangs extending out so that hair does not remain attached to your forehead.
- Ensure that the linens you sleep on are always clean and washed with detergents that do not have any artificial fragrance. You could be allergic to such scents and pimples have often been reported to break out as a counter reaction. To play safe, change your pillow covers so that no part of your face is exposed to any bacteria or oils that are likely to remain on the pillow cover of the previous day.
- Resist the temptation to have oily foods. Greasy food can lead to the eruption of pimples and of particular concern is the food served in fast food joints and restaurants. The fried stuff served in the form of French fries, chicken nuggets, fried chicken, mozzarella sticks, onion rings and zucchini sticks along with the salad dressings and other stuff like the pizza, meat and hamburgers are all highly avoidable as they contain a lot of trans fat as well as saturated fat content. Hence go for only foods that are steamed, poached or roasted. Take fresh fruits, vegetables and wash down with a lot of water so that any such oils can be flushed out of the system in a natural manner.
- Always make sure that you exfoliate skin on a regular basis so that any dead skin and cells can be removed. Then use glycolic acid on a scrub to gently pat your face to smoothen the skin. Remember not to rub hard as the skin is pretty delicate around the face.
- Use a good quality toner that also has anti-bacterial properties to help get rid of any bacteria surrounding the pimples. A good quality cream containing benzoyl peroxide will also help to smoothen the skin.
- Use a combination of lemon and coconut oil. Apply this on your face with a cotton pad and let it remain for about 15 minutes. Finally use steam for the desired effect.
- You can also try applying toothpaste on the pimples. Allow it to remain for about 10 minutes and then use pure water to wash it off. Just take care not to use any toothpaste that has a gel-formula in it.
- Lemon juice can be mixed with soluble aspirin and applied on the pimples. This should be left overnight to have the best effect.
- Use a good quality baby shampoo to gently wash the face. Ensure you dry properly using a gentle smooth towel and nothing abrasive.
- A glass of apple cider vinegar taken daily has been found to be quite effective in cleansing the skin.
- Treat yourself to a glass of Aloe Vera juice or an application of its gel every morning.
- The above tips are by no means exhaustive and are just some of the many things you can do to acquire control over this frustrating problem of pimples.